Hey all, I’ve compiled a list of the questions that you have all asked me. Below you’ll find my answers to all of the questions that have been asked up to this point. Hopefully this helps.
Also, I’ve made a short video tutorial to help answer a few questions that I’ve received at my personal email address. Below is the video…
1. Who is providing this database of Directories? Is there any fee related to use of this database?
The list of website directories within Directory Submitter comes directly from our database. The database is maintained by our staff, as well as user recommendations etc. If a directory is found to be non existent, it is removed from our database. As we add new directories to the database, they are automatically loaded into the software when opened. Everything is handled automatically so that you get the most up to date list of directories.
No, there’s absolutely no fee!
2. Do all Directories allow to post your link through this software directly or you need to sign up first?
All of the directories within Directory Submitter are free directories that do not require an account with each directory. Simply select the directory within the software that you would like to submit to, by double-clicking on the website in the upper frame. This will load the directory in the bottom frame, and will populate all of the required fields for your submission. Then click the submit button within the website itself and your site has been submitted.
3. How do you know that your link exists? Do you have any kind of monitoring feature?
Most of the directories will instantly add your link. There are a few that do not add links in real-time. What will happen is they will contact you immediately after your link has been added. An email will be sent to the email address you input into the new project window of Directory Submitter.
4. It seems that Google now likes to see some text when linking to sites. Could the fact that we are just listing a link be a problem?
That is correct. Google and other major search engines give high priority to websites that contain their main keyword in the “anchor text” of the links. When you submit your website to these directories, almost all will list your link using the “anchor text” you choose. The “anchor text” is called “title” within Directory Submitter, and you can list as many “titles” as you wish.
5. Can you perform a “shift” key function and submit to multiple directories at one time or is the process - One Directory at a time?
It is best to submit to 1 directory at a time, as each directory requires different criteria. By submitting to 1 directory at a time, you’re ensuring that you submit the “right” information to the specific directory.
6. What is the difference between the Standard and Gold versions?
The Standard version of Directory Submitter allows you to submit an unlimited number of websites to 350 website directories. The Gold version allows you to submit an unlimited number of websites to over 1,700 websites directories.
7. Does Directory Submitter only submit to free directories?
At this time, yes, but in the future, we plan to add categories to Directory Submitter. Once this is in place, we will be adding a list of paid directories.
8. Is the software Apple friendly?
At this time, Directory Submitter is not Mac compatible. Sorry.
9. Fantastico idea, one question doesn’t SEO elite not already find directories?
1 of the very minor features of SEO Elite is to submit your website to “reciprocal link directories”. These types of directories are much different than a “website directory”. Website directories are one-way links to your website. Reciprocal link directories require that you link back to the website, which is not nearly as powerful and beneficial of a link to acquire.
10. I just click a button and automatically get one way links from these 1800 sites?
No, you need to select which website directory you would like to submit to. The software will auto fill all of the required fields, greatly reducing the amount of time spent manually typing in this information. You click the submit button and then your website is submitted to that directory. Once this is finished, you may move to the next directory and so on…
11. Do all of these directories have SEO friendly links–they do not use the *nofollow* tag?
We do our best to include directories that do not contain a nofollow tag, but we cannot guarantee this to be the case, as we have no control over whether or not a directory will add a nofollow tag after it’s been added to our software.
I will say this though… I would not be concerned about that, as it only takes a few seconds to submit to a directory, and you may very well get traffic directly from the directory with the nofollow tag. So, although the directory link wouldn’t help with your search engine rankings, you may still receive traffic from the directory itself.
12. Is directory list for English sites only?
That is correct. In the future we may add other languages if there is enough demand for this.
13. How do we know which of these directories are deemed high enough quality to not hurt our rankings?
I know of no directory listing that could actually hurt your rankings if you place your website in a category that is at least somewhat related to the theme of your website. If adding your website to directories could hurt your ranking, you could easily harm a competitor’s website, and Google and others are much smarter than that.
14. I’ve been told that building TOO MANY back links TOO quickly can get a site penalized, as the Search Engines view it as an unnatural occurrence. Is this true?
The speed of link building is not the problem. It is more the consistency that you get links. If you get 1,000 links on day 1, you should try to get 1,000 links every day thereafter. Obviously that’s not realistic, so I would start with a number that you think you could consistently get each day. Just try to stay consistent. You can taper off after awhile, but don’t get 1,000 links on day 1 and then 0 everyday thereafter.
15. Is there a column that will tell me which ones I have submitted to and date I submitted?
Yes, there is a column labeled “last submitted” which includes the date that your website was submitted to the specific directory.
16. Looks good, can’t wait to try it out! What’s the catch? Why would you give away good, useful software?
As I’ve mentioned in the blog posts, the goal of this website is to create a powerful community of users all helping one another. If the Standard version of the software is free, nobody has an excuse that they cannot afford it. I want the software to help everyone!
17. How is your different or better from the rest of the submission programs?
Most of the other submission programs I have come across…
- Are very “clunky” and not user friendly.
- Don’t have nearly as many dircetories as our new program has.
- Have a bunch of “reciprocal link directories” included, which don’t help much with rankings these days.
- Don’t autofill the required website data fields consistently
- Don’t contain Google Page Rank and Alexa Rank data, so you can choose which directories are best to submit to first.
- Don’t have the ability to request new directories to be included in the software.
** - And most of all… Don’t have the AWESOME member community that we’ll have here!
18. If you buy the GOLD version, will you get free upgrades to new directories as you and others suggest them forever? If not, is there a way for us to add new directories to our version after it expires manually?
Absolutely! Any product that you ever purchase from us, whether that be Directory Submitter, SEO Elite, Keyword Elite, etc. come with free upgrades for life!
19. Brad, does the software work with Vista?
It sure does.